BIMA and related
- BIMA is no more: it was superseded by CARMA. However, even CARMA is no more... (there doesn't seem to be much going on in terms of millimetre interferometry these days.)
- BIMA data is reduced with MIRIAD. Note that BIMA data should be reduced with the older V3 series of MIRIAD. CARMA data reduction should use V4.
- Other useful stuff includes WIP and various other things on the LMA software page.
- IRAM, 30 m at Pico Veleta in Spain, interferometer on Plateau de Bure, near Grenoble, France
- Onsala, Sweden
- FCRAO, MA
- Mopra, Coonabarabran, Australia
- CARMA at Cedar Flat, CA
- LMT, Sierra Negra, Mexico
- CSO on Mauna Kea, HI (closed in Sep 2015)
- SMA on Mauna Kea, HI
- APEX in the Atacama desert, Chile
- ALMA, also in the Atacama desert, Chile
- CCAT to be built in — where else? – Chile (well, maybe not...)
- Herschel Space Observatory launched in May 2009
- The ADS facility to search for abstracts published in the major astronomical journals.
- An alternative is a facility offered by the CDS in Strasbourg. Full versions of images and tables can also be obtained from this CDS site.
- Electronic editions of:
- Preprints from:
Conferences and meetings
Plan your next vacation by checking out where the next interesting conference is being held :-)